- To submit annually a recommended budget for the ACRL division (including division publications, the CHOICE budget, the allocation of Long-Term Investment fund income) to the ACRL Board of Directors for action.
- To advise the ACRL Board of Directors on its allocation of Friends of ACRL contributions to strategic projects and programs, as well as to consult with the ACRL Board of Directors on fundraising goals and objectives.
- To counsel the ACRL Board of Directors on questions regarding all fiscal matters of the division or its publications, including dues levels and fundraising, especially as they relate to alignment with the strategic plan and its Core Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI).
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/07/2020. Last retrieved on 07/07/2020. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
ACRL Budget & Finance Committee documents and discussions are shared publicly on ALA Connect.
- A minimum of five members (i.e., a chair and four members)
- Members will serve four-year terms.
- Members appointed to this committee need to have a strong background or experience with developing and managing a budget. The committee meets multiple mornings at both the Midwinter and Annual conferences. Some homework is required, including virtual meetings between ALA Conferences. Experience with ACRL is also beneficial.
- Chair will serve a two-year term and will be selected by the ACRL President-Elect
- Chair serves as ACRL Representative to the ALA Planning and Budget Assembly
- Ex-officio members include ACRL Vice President/President-elect and Executive Director
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect and Appointments Committee
The Budget & Finance Committee was created by the ACRL Board of Directors.
Program Manager for Strategic Initiatives
Association of College and Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Work: (312) 280-2519