To oversee and coordinate ACRL’s Core Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as described in the strategic plan. Work with the Board and other units to initiate, advise and mobilize support for appropriate action related to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion in academic librarianship—including recruitment, advancement and retention of underrepresented groups to academic and research librarianship and the promotion of library and information services for diverse library users.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/15/2020. Last retrieved on 07/15/2020. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- ACRL Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Webpage
- ACRL Equity, Diversity and Inclusion LibGuide
- ACRL Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee ALA Connect Group
- Diversity Standards: Cultural Competency for Academic Libraries (2012)
- ACRL's 2012 Diversity Standards for Academic Libraries video (link to YouTube)
- ALA Connect Community
- A minimum of six members to include: a vice-chair who serves a one-year term as Chair, a one-year term as Vice-Chair and a one-year term as Past-Chair, and three members.
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect and Appointments Committee as needed to complete committee responsibilities.
The Diversity Committee (original committee name: Racial and Ethnic Diversity Committee) was created by the ACRL Board of Directors at its 1990 Fall Executive Committee Meeting. During its January 28, 2019 meeting, the Board approved changing the name of the committee from the Diversity Committee to the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee. On April 25, 2019, the ACRL Board approved a new committee charge to align the work of the committee with the ACRL Plan for Excellence's Core Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Program Manager for Strategic Initiatives
Association of College and Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Phone: (312) 280-2519