Communities of Practice Assembly
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/20/2013. Last retrieved on 05/20/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Communities of Practice Assembly (COPA) manages a discussion list which COPA members are automatically subscribed to.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2013 Annual Conference Meeting agendas: Due June 7
- Documents for Board Consideration at the 2013 ALA Annual Conference: May 24, 2013
- ACRL Online Leader Orientation for CoPA: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, at 1 p.m. Central
- ACRL upcoming dates and deadlines - Spring Exec docs due 4/5!
- ACRL Election 2013 - A Message from the ACRL Vice-President/President-Elect Candidates
- Update from the Communities of Practice Implementation Task Force
- Due January 31: ALA Annual Conference Meeting Room Requests
- ACRL Plan for Excellence Implementation Reports Due By Friday, July 20
- Virtual participation guidelines from the Science & Technology Section
- 2012 ALA Annual Conference Meeting Submissions
The ACRL Bylaws indicate that Communities of Practice Assembly shall consist of the chairs and vice-chairs of each Community of Practice, excluding discussion groups.
The ACRL Bylaws authorize the ACRL Board to establish Communities of Practice and the Communities of Practice Assembly functions to facilitate the exchange of ideas among the various Communities of Practice. The Communities of Practice Assembly replaced Sections Council as a result of a revision to the ACRL Bylaws approved by the ACRL membership in 2008.
Volunteer applications for ACRL appointments are accepted through February 15 for service the following term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.acrl.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/resources/forms/volunteer.cfm for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788