ACRL/IS Discussion Group Steering Committee
To promote discussion of current instruction topics by coordinating a virtual discussion forum at the ALA Midwinter Meeting and an in-person discussion forum at the ALA Annual Conference. To that end, the committee will issue calls for, review, and select proposals for discussions; communicate decisions to all applicants; provide guidance and support to discussion conveners as needed; promote discussions via e-mail lists, social media, and the ACRL IS website; ensure that discussion digests are completed and shared for each discussion group; maintain documentation for selection of proposals and facilitation of discussions; and refine criteria for selection of proposals as needed. This committee does not propose any discussion groups of its own.To promote discussion of current instruction topics by coordinating discussion forums facilitated by IS members at the ALA Midwinter and Annual conferences. To that end, the committee will issue calls for, review, and select proposals for discussions; communicate decisions to all applicants; serve as liaison to each discussion group; provide guidance and support to conveners as needed; ensure that digests are completed and uploaded to the IS web site for each discussion group; maintain tip sheets for selection of proposals and facilitation of discussions; and refine criteria for selection of proposals as needed. This committee does not propose any discussion groups of its own.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2015. Last retrieved on 05/05/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2016 Midwinter Virtual Discussion Forum - registration open!
- Virtual meeting agenda
- Discussion Group Steering Committee - agenda
- ISDG Virtual Meeting, Sept. 19, 11am-Noon Eastern Time
- IS Discussion Group Steering Committee Meeting
- Call for ACRL IS Current Issues Discussion Forum Proposals for the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas
- Discussion Group Steering Committee Meeting (ACRL IS)
- IS Discussion Group Steering Committee Virtual MidWinter Meeting
- Meeting Agenda, Annual, 2012
- Discussion Session Steering Committee Meeting Minutes--09-13-11
The committee composition is determined by section leadership.
Volunteer applications for ACRL appointments are accepted through February 15 for service the following term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788