Universal Accessibility Interest Group
The Universal Accessibility Interest group offers librarians, support staff, students, and other advocates networking and collaboration opportunities, information sharing and programming to promote accessibility in academic libraries, including web accessibility, assistive technology, reference and instruction for users with disabilities and captioning processes.
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/31/2016. Last retrieved on 05/31/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Midwinter meeting
- FWD: Web Accessibility Blog Highlights Tools for Evaluating Digital Resources
- Meeting Minutes from ALA Annual
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Resource
- Virtual Meeting Minutes - ACRL Universal Accessibility Interest Group (UAIG)
- Study on Screen Reader Users & Navigating Library Websites
- Virtual Meeting Recap
- ALA Annual - Joint Meeting of ACRL, ASCLA, and LITA Accessibility Interest Groups: Agenda
- Virtual Meeting - Connection Information & Agenda
- "25 Years of the ADA" -- Includes useful resources on disability history
As of August 2015, the UAIG had 290 members. Interest Group composition includes a convener and incoming convener.
The Universal Accessibility Interest Group was established at the 2009 Spring Executive Committee Meeting.
Join an Interest Group
Join the Universal Accessibility Interest Group through your ALA membership record, and participate through the interest group's ALA Connect space and the ACRL listserv. If you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas for discussion topics or events, please contact the conveners.
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788