Research and Scholarly Environment Committee
To oversee and coordinate ACRL's Research and Scholarly Environment Initiative as described in the strategic plan; work with the ACRL Board and other ACRL units in creating a comprehensive effort including coalition building, professional development, publications, research, and advocacy and in developing the ACRL research and scholarly communications website; and monitor and assess the effectiveness of the ACRL Research and Scholarly Environment Initiative.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/17/2013. Last retrieved on 12/17/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Make formal recommendations to the Government Relations Committee, prior to Midwinter, for the ACRL Legislative Agenda.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Interested in hosting ACRL 2014 scholarly communication road show workshop? Identify collaborators here!
- Research and Scholarly Environment Committee Meeting, Part I (ACRL)
- ACRL/SPARC Forum (ACRL)
- Research and Scholarly Environment Committee Meeting, Part II (ACRL)
- Research and Scholarly Environment Committee Meeting (ACRL)
- Indicate interest in hosting ACRL 2013 scholarly communication road show workshop to identify collaborators
- Annual 2012 Minutes - Draft
- Scholarly Communication Committee Meeting (ACRL)
- ACRL Scholarly Communications Discussion Group
- ACRL Scholarly Communication Discussion Group
- A minimum of five members (i.e. a chair, vice-chair, and three members)
- Additional appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect and Appointments Committee
In 2005, the ACRL Board approved a revised charge for the Scholarly Communications Committee that specified, "the committee will make formal recommendations to the Government Relations Committee prior to Midwinter for the ACRL Legislative Agenda."
Volunteer applications for ACRL division-level committees are accepted through February 15 for service the following committee term, which begins July 1. Visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/membership/volunteer/volunteer for more information and a link to the volunteer form.
Senior Strategist for Special Initiatives
Association of College & Research Libraries
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788