Science & Technology Section
- A Guide to Professional Development Resources for Science and Technology Librarians
- 2013 STS events during ALA Annual.
- 2011 STS-ALA funded call for proposals.
- The STS Midwinter 2011 discussion group presentations are now available.
- Check out the 2010 STS strategic plan implementation report.
The Science and Technology Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries provides a forum through which librarians in scientific and technical subject fields can achieve and maintain awareness of the impact and range of information with which they work; and promotes improved accessibility to and active use of this information. For more information about STS, consult the section's history.
- Section Officers
- STS Strategic Plan
- STS Manual - is intended to serve as a guide to the activities, organization, procedures, and policies of STS
- Information Literacy Standards for STS
- STS Committees - get involved and volunteer to join a committee today!
- ALA Connect - is a online collaborative workspace available to all ALA members.
- Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship (ISTL) - is an electronic journal which publishes substantive material of interest to science and technology librarians.
- STS Signal - the Section's newsletter, is published each spring and fall, reporting the Section's activity at ALA Conferences.
- Conference Programs and Discussion Groups - current and past STS Program information
- STS listserv - connect with your peers, join the STS-L listserv
- ACRL-STS Brochure - "Science Majors Needed: Great Careers Await at a Science Library Near You!"