Building on pandemic relief and recovery programs, the federal government is making historic investments through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) in advancing digital equity, literacy, and inclusion for all. The IIJA highlights the important role that community anchor institutions, like libraries, will play in creating a digitally equitable future for all.
To amplify work happening in libraries across the nation, ALA released the report Leverage Libraries to Achieve Historic Progress Towards Digital Equity for All. This is just one of the many ways ALA advocates with and for libraries to ensure their eligibility and inclusion in federal, state, and local programs.
ALA will continue to add to this web page and share policy information, best practices, funding opportunities, and a range of resources from libraries and partner organizations to support your digital equity work. We also encourage you to share your stories with us so we can continue to promote and share the contributions libraries are making to advance digital equity in their community.
- Amplify and Connect Your Assets (PDF)
- Federal Funding Resources (PDF)
- Digital Equity Act
- Public Libraries: Federal Broadband Funding Guidlines Now Available for State to Begin Planning, Applications
- Archive of "Gearing Up for the Digital Equity Act With Libraries" webinar co-presented by National Skills Coalition (NSC), ALA, and PLA
- American Libraries: What Libraries Need to Know about the Digital Equity Act