ALA Conference Schedule
See you at #ALAAC23! Check out the MAGIRT Calendar of Events at ALA Annual 2023 in Chicago!
There are three main outlets for getting involved with MAGIRT. These are all pathways to contribute to the map and geospatial librarianship profession, receive feedback on research and projects, and add accomplishments to your resume.
Are you interested in connecting with talented colleagues who are specialists in their respective fields? Contribute your time as a chair or member of a MAGIRT committee. Opportunities are also available to act as liaison with other professional groups and share information on their activities with MAGIRT members. Fill out the volunteer form!
Currency vacancies include:
- Online Presence and Publications Committee Chairperson
- Assistance Webmaster
- Education Committee Chairperson and Liaison / ALA Education Committee
- Liaison / United States Geological Survey
- Liaison / ALCTS-CCS CC:DA
- Liaison / ACRL, Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (RBMS)
Submit an article to MAGIRT's monthly publication base line or accept an assignment as a columnist.
Showcase your talk on research and other projects with a MAGIRT webinar. Or recruit others in your network to present intriguing work on maps and GIS.
June issue released
Check out the June 2023 issue of base line, filled with tons of updates, new publications, digital resources, cataloging tools, so much more.
The Map and Geospatial Information Round Table (MAGIRT) leads and inspires information professionals at all levels of expertise in their work with map and geospatial information resources, collections and technologies in all formats, through community, education and advocacy.
- A forum for the exchange of ideas by persons working with or interested in map, geography, or geospatial collections or information
- Advocacy and education for increased availability, use and control of map and geospatial collections
- Annual meetings with informative programs and opportunities to meet professional colleagues; virtual and Midwinter working meetings providing opportunities for involvement on committees and task forces; and informal social gatherings offering fun and new friends
- Publications such as base line, the MAGIRT newsletter; Cartographic Citations: a Style Guide (2nd edition published in 2010) and others related to map, geospatial, geography and GIS libraries and librarianship
Questions and Comments
Please send any comments or corrections on this website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised Jun 16, 2023