Do you want to promote the adoption of strong privacy policies and procedures at libraries? Becoming a privacy advocate is one of the most powerful things you can do. Begin by learning more about the current issues. Then start integrating privacy into the conversations you have at work. The more we start to discuss privacy, the more it becomes a standard issue that is addressed when providing services.
Ways to Learn More and Get Involved
Here you’ll find many options to learn more about the privacy landscape and various ways to get involved!
- How to Talk About Privacy Field Guide
- Library Privacy Talking Points
- Protecting Patron Privacy: A LITA Guide
- A Practical Guide to Privacy in Libraries
- Privacy and Confidentiality Issues: A Guide for Libraries and their Lawyers
- Privacy and Security Online: Best Practices for Cybersecurity
- Anonymity (Library Futures Series, Book 1)
- Get Involved
- Write about privacy by becoming an Office of Intellectual Freedom Blogger
- Library Freedom Institute
- Digital Library Federation: Privacy and Ethics in Technology
Tweets by Choose Privacy Every Day