Ask your Representative to sign the LSTA and IAL Letters
Ask your Senator to sign the LSTA and IAL Letters
Help us tell Congress the best library story: yours
ALA, IMLS, state library agencies and many others inside and outside of government have lots of data about the impact of libraries. But nothing will move and motivate your local member of Congress and senators to support library funding like hearing your story about how federal library funding for LSTA, IAL or any other source has made a difference in your library, school, and community.
Want to do more?
- Stay up to date. Read the latest funding news on District Dispatch and register for action alerts as soon as they are issued.
- Invite members of Congress to visit your library so they can see the great work you're doing with support from IMLS. Check out these great tips for organizing a visit.
- Tell your story. Write a letter to the editor. Share your story with our Washington Office, who can deliver it in-person to your member of Congress.
- Read these advocacy resources for youth, young adult, public library, school library and academic library services.
- Post about the impact of IMLS funding in your library or state. Tag your story with #FundLibraries.
- Not sure how IMLS funding is used in your state? Use this IMLS database to find out.
- Add a Twibbon or Facebook frame to your profile.
Facebook Frame: Facebook.com/profilepicframes and search "American Library Association."
- Use these overlay images to add the #FundLibraries hashtag to your photos:
Fund Libraries - I Love Libraries 1200 x 1200 px
Fund Libraries - 1200 x 1200 px
- Post these Fund Libraries graphics
Facebook Share | Facebook Cover Art
Twitter Share | Twitter Cover Art
Don't see what you need? Tell us.