Join the Conversation - #librariesrespond
How is your library responding to the Dakota Access Pipeline protests, the 2016 election aftermath, or other current events? Tweet and post on social media using the #librariesrespond hashtag.
Libraries Respond Pages
- 10 Things Your Library Can Do for 2017 and Beyond
- 2016 Election
- Dakota Access Pipeline (#NODAPL)
- Hate Crimes and Libraries
- Hate Groups and Violence
- Immigrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- National Day of Healing
- Natural Disasters
- Protections for Our Nation's Transgender Students
ALA Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statements
- ALA outraged by the refugee family separation policy
- ALA responds to end of Deferred Action to Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program
- ALA condemns racism and violence in Charlottesville
- ALA and affiliates issue joint statement on libraries and equity, diversity, and inclusion
- ALA strongly protests rollback of protections for our nation's transgender students
- ALA President Julie Todaro releases statement on Libraries, the Association, Diversity and Inclusion
- ALA opposes new administration policies that contradict core values
- President’s budget proposal to eliminate federal library funding 'counterproductive and short-sighted'
- ALA condemns FCC vote to undermine net neutrality protections, vows to defend open internet
- ALA applauds FY2017 budget increase for IMLS, calls on library supporters to defend federal library funding in FY2018 budget
About Libraries Respond
The ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services has created Libraries Respond as a space for us to help keep current events in conversation with libraries' ongoing work in and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. This page will be a resource for the library community to share information, find resources, and connect as they serve their communities.
For more information about Libraries Respond, please contact:
ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, Illinois 60611
1-800-545-2433 ext. 4294