Diversity is a key action area of the American Library Association and Section B.3 Diversity (Old Number 60) of ALA's policy manual includes a number of objectives geared toward fostering diversity in the workplace.
Key ALA Resources for Promoting Diversity in the Workplace
- Employment Discrimination - resources for identifying and combating discrimination.
- Planning for Diversity - resources for incorporating diversity into strategic planning.
- Forum Magazine Exploring Unique Pathways to Recruiting Diverse Members (page 26) by Brooke Morris-Chott
- Forum Magazine: The Value of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (page 41) by Brooke Morris-Chott
- Safe Space by Brooke Morris-Chott