*YALSA has launched the new Teen Book Finder Database, which is a one-stop shop for finding selected lists and award winners. Users can search this free resource by award, list name, year, author, genre and more, as well as print customizable lists. This new resource will replace the individual award and list web pages currently on YALSA’s site that are not searchable and that are organized only by year.
Selected Book & Media Lists
Learn more about YALSA's Book and Media Lists, including:
- Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults
- Best Fiction for Young Adults
- Fabulous Films for Young Adults
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens
- Outstanding Books for the College Bound
- Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- Readers' Choice
- Teens' Top Ten
Teen Book Finder App & Database
Best of the Best
Download bookmarks and other materials, as well as a full list of YALSA's best reading for teens as published each year, to promote teen reading in your community.
- Publishers interested in submitting ARCs or books (either print or e-versions) for consideration for a YALSA awards can access committee member rosters online or contact Nichole O'Connor for assistance.
- Publishers interested in submitting ARCs or books (either print or e-versions) for consideration for a YALSA selected lists can access blogging team rosters online or contact Taylor Crossley for assistance.
Suggest a Title
To suggest a title for YALSA's committees to consider, click on the link above for the particular award or list you're interested in. Note: publishers and authors may not suggest a title, and a nomination is only official when it is accepted and seconded by the committee or blogging team.
Nominees for YALSA's book awards are kept confidential; however, nominees for YALSA's selected lists are posted on YALSA's blog, The Hub.
Use and Reproduction of YALSA's Awards and Lists
YALSA’s lists of recommended reading may be reproduced under "fair use" standards. As stated in Section 107 of The Copyright Act of 1976, factors to be considered shall include:
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- the nature of the copyrighted work;
- the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
Find more collection development resources on our wiki. YALSA is part of the American Library Association, which develops additional recommended reading resources of interest to library staff, educators and afterschool providers who serve teens:
- ALA administers the Schneider Family Book Award
- The Association for Library Service to Children administers book awards and creates lists of recommended reading for pre-school and elementary aged youth, which can be accessed on their web site:
- ALA's EMEIRT administers the Coretta Scott King Award
- ALA's GLBT Round Table administers the Rainbow List
- ALA's SRRT administers the Amelia Bloomer Book List