YALSA's Best of the Best
*YALSA has launched the new Teen Book Finder Database, which is a one-stop shop for finding selected lists and award winners. Users can search this free resource by award, list name, year, author, genre and more, as well as print customizable lists. This new resource will replace the individual award and list web pages currently on YALSA’s site that are not searchable and that are organized only by year.
Find the best books and media for youth each year through YALSA's Best of the Best! We'll also offer downloadable spine labels, customizable bookmarks, and more tools for librarians to use to promote the very best in teen books to teens in their communities. To see a full listing of recommended reading, visit www.ala.org/yalsa/booklists and be sure to check out our free Teen Book Finder app.
- 2016 Best of the Best
- 2015 Best of the Best
- 2014 Best of the Best
- 2013 Best of the Best
- 2012 Best of the Best
- 2011 Best of the Best
Find more collection development resources on our wiki. YALSA is part of the American Library Association, which develops additional recommended reading resources of interest to library staff, educators and afterschool providers who serve teens:
- ALA administers the Schneider Family Book Award
- The Association for Library Service to Children administers book awards and creates lists of recommended reading for pre-school and elementary aged youth, which can be accessed on their web site:
- ALA's EMEIRT administers the Coretta Scott King Award
- ALA's GLBT Round Table administers the Rainbow List
- ALA's SRRT administers the Amelia Bloomer Book List