YALSA’s Readers’ Choice list seeks to engage a wide audience of librarians, educators, teens and young adult literature enthusiasts in choosing the most popular teen titles in a given year, as organized by broad genres. The list will also provide librarians with a timely means of identifying popular teen titles on an ongoing basis. Nominations will be posted monthly, with a final vote taking place each November. Any individual, provided he/she is not the author or an employee of the publisher, or a current member of the Readers’ Choice List Committee may nominate a title via an online form, while only YALSA members are eligible to vote for the final ballot, which is sent in the November issue of YALSA E-News.
2013 Readers' Choice List
- Green, John. The Fault in Our Stars.
- Meyer, Marissa. Cinder.
- Cashore, Kristin. Bitterblue.
- Wein, Elizabeth. Code Name Verity.
- Roth, Veronica. Insurgent.
- Lu, Marie. Legend.
- Hartman, Rachel. Seraphina.
- Bardugo, Leigh. Shadow and Bone.
- Clare, Cassandra. Clockwork Prince.
- Oliver, Lauren. Pandemonium.
- Vivian, Siobhan. The List.