Join YALSA for its webinars! Keep up-to-date on developments in the field with these interactive learning sessions.
Upcoming Live Webinars
All YALSA webinars take place at 2 p.m. Eastern. Webinars are 60 minutes. Beginning Jan. 1, 2014, live webinars are a benefit that are available to members only. Members can sign up for the free webinars via a link that is provided in the weekly YALSA E-news. Not a member yet? Join now and get free access to over $468 worth of e-learning each year!
- October 16: Designing Teen Spaces in Libraries:
Join Margaret Sullivan as she discusses trends in designing effective, useful, and engaging teen library spaces, and provides take-aways that everyone can implement immediately.
- November 20: Resources for Library Administrators
Join YALSA as we focus on resources that library administrators can use everyday
- December 18: It's Fun to Partner with YMCA!
Just as every library is unique to its community, so is every YMCA. Frederick Riley of the YMCA of the USA joins us on Thursday, December 18 to discuss how libraries can develop partnerships with local YMCAs to meet teens' needs using new, creative, and unexpected strategies.
Interested in future YALSA webinars? Use our calendar to check for dates as we add them.
About the webinars:
- Webinars are 60 minutes long, including time for questions and answers
- Webinars take place at 2 p.m. Eastern.
- All participants in the live program receive:
- a certificate of participation
- access to the recording and PowerPoint slides
- They are commercial-free
- Webinars are delivered by an expert trainer
- All YALSA members get free access to YALSA's webinars within 24 hours after they're originally recorded, in the Members' Only section of this web site
Questions? Contact Nicole Gibby-Munguia at email@example.com or 1-800-545-2433 ext 5293.
- Group registrations for live webinars are available for $195. YALSA’s group rate gives an institution ten logins for the webinar and non-members then have an opportunity to sit in on a live webinar.
- Group registration is available by completing this form (PDF) and then faxing or mailing it in.
- YALSA does not distribute contact information to webinar sponsors.
- YALSA's webinars are led by professional experts, selected by YALSA, and are not employees of paid sponsors.
- YALSA webinars are certified for one Library Education Unit in the state of Indiana.
- All webinars provide one contact hour.
- Learn about YALSA's other continuing education opportunities.
- Interested in sponsoring a YALSA webinar? Find out more in our media and sponsorship kit (PDF).
- Interested in a past YALSA webinar? Read descriptions and buy recordings at the Webinars-on-Demand page.
Members can see archived webinars for free, within 24 hours after they take place, in YALSA's members' only section. All others can purchase access to recent YALSA webinars for $19, available one month after they take place.
Interested in YALSA’s webinars, but want to see if they're right for you? Check out one of our free webinars-on-demand:
- Check-in: Maker Spaces 101, Teens, and You
- Demonstrating Impact Through Teen Summer Reading (sponsored by Dollar General)
- Don’t Get Lost in Translation: Connect with Your Teens through Summer Reading (sponsored by Dollar General)
- Gamification in Libraries: Teen Tech Week (sponsored by Tutor.com)
- The Intern Experience: Make It Count! (sponsored by Dollar General)
- Programming for Teen Read Week
- Putting the PRO in Professional: Using Social Media in Your Career Search
- Seeking the Unknown in the Blink of an Eye
- Teens & the Future of Libraries (a series of discussions held jointly with connectedlearning.tv in May 2013)
- VIPS: Why you Need Them for Advocacy