Join YALSA for its webinars! Keep up-to-date on developments in the field with these interactive learning sessions.
Upcoming Live Webinars
All YALSA webinars take place at 2 p.m. Eastern. Webinars are 60 minutes. Beginning Jan. 1, 2014, live webinars are a benefit that are available to members only. Members can sign up for the free webinars via a link that is provided in the weekly YALSA E-news. Not a member yet? Join now and get free access to over $468 worth of e-learning each year!
January 15: One Year Check-in: Changes in Libraries since the Futures Report
February 19: Library Policy Tune-up: Are Yours Teen Friendly?
March 19: YALSA's New Teen Services Programming Guidelines: What Do They Mean for You and Your Library?
April 16: Teen Services Programming: Opportunities and Outcomes
May 21: Navigating the Tides of Teen Behavior
June 18: Professional Development: Navigating Interpersonal Conflict in the Workplace
Interested in future YALSA webinars? Use our calendar to check for dates as we add them.
About the webinars:
- Webinars are 60 minutes long, including time for questions and answers
- Webinars take place at 2 p.m. Eastern.
- All participants in the live program receive:
- a certificate of participation
- access to the recording and PowerPoint slides
- They are commercial-free
- Webinars are delivered by an expert trainer
- All YALSA members get free access to YALSA's webinars within 24 hours after they're originally recorded, in the Members' Only section of this web site
Questions? Contact Nicole Gibby-Munguia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433 ext 5293.
- Group registrations for live webinars are available for $195. YALSA’s group rate gives an institution ten logins for the webinar and non-members then have an opportunity to sit in on a live webinar.
- Group registration is available by completing this form (PDF) and then faxing or mailing it in.
- YALSA does not distribute contact information to webinar sponsors.
- YALSA's webinars are led by professional experts, selected by YALSA, and are not employees of paid sponsors.
- YALSA webinars are certified for one Library Education Unit in the state of Indiana.
- All webinars provide one contact hour.
- Learn about YALSA's other continuing education opportunities.
- Interested in sponsoring a YALSA webinar? Find out more in our media and sponsorship kit (PDF).
- Interested in a past YALSA webinar? Read descriptions and buy recordings at the Webinars-on-Demand page.
Members can see archived webinars for free, within 24 hours after they take place, in YALSA's members' only section. All others can purchase access to recent YALSA webinars for $19, available one month after they take place.
Interested in YALSA’s webinars, but want to see if they're right for you? Check out one of our free webinars-on-demand:
- The Intern Experience: Make It Count! (sponsored by Dollar General)
- Putting the PRO in Professional: Using Social Media in Your Career Search
- VIPS: Why you Need Them for Advocacy
Teens and the Future of Libraries
- Teens & the Future of Libraries (a series of discussions held jointly with connectedlearning.tv in May 2013)
- What's Next for Teen Services?: Connected Learning (Program 1, March 2014)
- What's Next for Teen Services?: Literacies (Program 2, March 2014)
- What's Next for Teen Services?: Librarians as Community Connectors & Education Facilitators (Program 3, March 2014)
- What's Next for Teen Services?: Cultural Competencies (Program 4, March 2014)
- What's Next for Teen Services?: Personal Learning Networks (Program 5, March 2014)
Teen Read Week & Summer Reading/Learning
- Demonstrating Impact Through Teen Summer Reading (sponsored by Dollar General)
- Don’t Get Lost in Translation: Connect with Your Teens through Summer Reading (sponsored by Dollar General)
- Programming for Teen Read Week
- Seeking the Unknown in the Blink of an Eye
Teens & Tech
- CREATECH: Take It and Make It Big: Leveraging Partnerships for Teen Tech Week (sponsored by Best Buy)
- Check-in: Maker Spaces 101, Teens, and You
- DIY: Outcomes and Impact (sponsored by Best Buy)
- Gamification in Libraries: Teen Tech Week (sponsored by Tutor.com)
- Make It At Your Library! (sponsored by Best Buy)