Join YALSA for its webinars! Keep up-to-date on developments in the field with these interactive learning sessions.
Upcoming Live Webinars
All YALSA webinars take place at 2 p.m. Eastern. Webinars are 60 minutes. Beginning Jan. 1, 2014, live webinars are a benefit that are available to members only. Members can sign up for the free webinars via a link that is provided in the weekly YALSA E-news. Not a member yet? Join now!
- December 12: Keeping Your Library & Your Teen Patrons Protected: Legal Considerations in Teen Services, presented by Deborah Caldwell-Stone
Join Deborah Caldwell-Stone and guest as she discusses legal considerations that librarians and other library workers encounter every day in teen services. Topics for discussion will include reporting responsibilities, managing teen behavior and maintaining supportive and professional relationships with teen patrons, and minors’ rights in the library.
- January 16: What's Next for Teen Services?
The report will be released on Jan. 6, and then it will be time to discuss what it means for you, your library, the teens in your community, and the work you do! Join YALSA for an open forum on the future of teen services and how libraries can adapt to meet the needs of teens. We will discuss highlights of the recently released report, written as part of this year’s National Forum on Libraries and Teens. Registration for all YALSA members is free - bring your questions and curiosity!
- February 20: Book-talking the Best of the Best: 2014 Book Awards
Interested in future YALSA webinars? Use our calendar to check for dates as we add them.
About the webinars:
- Webinars are 60 minutes long, including time for questions and answers
- Webinars take place at 2 p.m. Eastern.
- All registrants receive:
- a certificate of participation
- access to the recording and PowerPoint slides
- They are commercial-free
- Webinars are delivered by an expert trainer
- All YALSA members get free access to YALSA's webinars two months after they're originally recorded in the Members' Only section of this web site
Questions? Contact Nicole Gibby Munguia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433 ext 5293.
- Webinars are $39 for individual YALSA members, $29 for students, $49 for all other individuals, or $195 for groups. YALSA’s group rate gives an institution ten logins for the webinar.
- Registration through the ALA Online Learning Center for both individual and group registrations. To register offline, please fill out this form (PDF) and then fax or mail it in.
- YALSA does not distribute contact information to webinar sponsors.
- YALSA's webinars are led by professional experts, selected by YALSA, and are not employees of paid sponsors.
- YALSA webinars are certified for one Library Education Unit in the state of Indiana.
- All webinars provide one contact hour.
- Learn about YALSA's other continuing education opportunities.
- Interested in sponsoring a YALSA webinar? Find out more in our media and sponsorship kit (PDF).
- Interested in a past YALSA webinar? Read descriptions and buy recordings at the Webinars-on-Demand page.
Members can see archived webinars for free, two months after they take place, in YALSA's members' only section. All others can purchase access to recent YALSA webinars for $19. YALSA webinars will be available two months after they take place.
Interested in YALSA’s webinars, but want to see if they're right for you? Check out one of our free webinars-on-demand:
- Check-in: Maker Spaces 101, Teens, and You
- Demonstrating Impact Through Teen Summer Reading (sponsored by Dollar General)
- Don’t Get Lost in Translation: Connect with Your Teens through Summer Reading (sponsored by Dollar General)
- Gamification in Libraries: Teen Tech Week (sponsored by Tutor.com)
- Programming for Teen Read Week
- Putting the PRO in Professional: Using Social Media in Your Career Search
- Seeking the Unknown in the Blink of an Eye
- Teens & the Future of Libraries (a series of discussions held jointly with connectedlearning.tv in May 2013)
- VIPS: Why you Need Them for Advocacy