YALSA Online Courses
Courses are offered in the spring, summer, and fall of each year.
Fall 2016 - Registration Closed
October 24-November 20, 2016 - Building Reflective Collections...Always Teens First! Instructor: Julie Stivers, Librarian, Mount Vernon School, NC
Check back in early December for information on our next E-Course
YALSA's courses provide 10 contact hours, or the equivalent of a 1.5-day face-to-face workshop. A certificate of completion is issued when a successfully student completes the course.
If you have questions about YALSA’s online courses, please see our FAQ section or contact Linda W. Braun at email@example.com or 917-847-7804.
Interested in a Course For Your Organization
The curriculum of any online course offered by YALSA can be licensed for face to face presentation at your organization. Online courses, where all seats are reserved exclusively for your staff or members, can also be licensed by an organization. If you are interested in purchasing a course for your organization, please contact Linda W. Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org, 917-847-7804..
YALSA's Online Course Catalog
YALSA offers a variety of online classes on a rotating basis. Interested in one of these courses right now? All YALSA courses are available for licensing or they can be presented face-to-face to your organization at any time.
- AIMing at Tweens: Advising, Involving, Motivating
- Beyond Booklists: Serving Today's Diverse Teens
- Booktalks Quick and Simple
- Boys and Books: Encouraging Early Teen and Tween Boys to Read
- Connect, Create, Collaborate: Supporting Teen Needs with Technology
- Graphic Novels and Teen Readers: The Basics and Beyond
- Growing, Managing and Defending the Young Adult Budget
- Making the Match: Finding the Right Book for the Right Teen at the Right Time
- Navigating the Divide between Teens and Tweens
- Power Programming
- Power Up with Print
- Reaching Teens with Gaming
- Reading with a Critical Eye: Evaluating YA Literature
- Secrets of the Seal
- Serving Teens on the Autism Spectrum
- Tapping Youth Participation to Strengthen Library Services
- Tech Tools for Teen Leadership
Further questions? Please contact Linda W. Braun, 917-847-7804.