YALSA Online Courses
YALSA provides online continuing education classes to enhance the skills and knowledge of young adult librarians and library workers who serve teens. These classes are taught by specialists in young adult librarianship and are offered on a rotating basis during the summer, autumn and winter sessions.
YALSA's courses provide 10 contact hours, or the equivalent of a 1.5-day face-to-face workshop. A certificate of completion is issued for each course taken. YALSA’s courses are offered through Moodle, a web-based learning management system.
The curriculum of any online course offered by YALSA can be licensed for face to face presentation at your organization. Online courses, where all seats are reserved exclusively for your staff or members, can also be licensed by an organization. If you are interested in purchasing a course for your organization, please contact Nicole Gibby Munguia at email@example.com or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5293.
Upcoming Course Offerings
YALSA's fall online course will be AIMing at Tweens: Advising, Involving, Motivating. This four-week course will take place until October 1- October 29, 2013.
YALSA's Online Course Catalog
YALSA offers a variety of online classes on a rotating basis. Interested in one of these courses right now? All YALSA courses are available for licensing or they can be presented face-to-face to your organization at any time.
Trying to decide what course to take next? See our suggested course pairings!
- AIMing at Tweens: Advising, Involving, Motivating
- Beyond Booklists: Serving Today's Diverse Teens
- Booktalks Quick and Simple
- Boys and Books: Encouraging Early Teen and Tween Boys to Read
- Connect, Create, Collaborate: Supporting Teen Needs with Technology
- Graphic Novels and Teen Readers: The Basics and Beyond
- Growing, Managing and Defending the Young Adult Budget
- Making the Match: Finding the Right Book for the Right Teen at the Right Time
- Navigating the Divide between Teens and Tweens
- Power Up with Print
- Power Programming
- Reaching Teens with Gaming
- Secrets of the Seal
- Tapping Youth Participation to Strengthen Library Services
- Tech Tools for Teen Leadership