Nonfiction Award Suggestion Form
The 2014 YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults committee will consider books published between November 1, 2012 and October 31, 2013. Publishers, authors, or editors may not nominate their own titles. Field nominations will be accepted for books that meet the published criteria. Field nominations must be seconded by a committee member.
Nominations close on November 1, 2013.
- Please keep in mind the following criteria guiding the Committee's final selection when selecting books to nominate:
- All print forms of nonfiction are eligible for consideration, including graphic formats.
- The title must have been designated by its publisher as intended for young adults who are defined as persons between the ages of twelve and including eighteen.
- The title must include excellent writing, research, presentation and readability for young adults.
- Titles from a series may be considered on their individual merits.
Note: Publishers, authors, agents, or editors may not nominate their own titles. Find tools for marketing your book at our Resources for Authors webpage.
Please double check to make sure that every required field has been filled out. If the form is not completely filled out, this field nomination will not be considered. If you have questions about the form or the nomination process, please email the YALSA office.
Submitting this form does not automatically mean your submission will be an official nomination.