Trends Impacting Young Adult Services
A Paper Presentation Sponsored by YALSA Past Presidents
The YALSA Midwinter Paper Presentation is an annual event sponsored by past presidents of YALSA. Its purpose is to provide a venue for educators, librarians, students, and others interested in young adult librarianship to gather and explore a topic of current interest that impacts the field. The YALSA Midwinter Paper Committee will select one paper to be delivered at the 2014 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia, PA, January 24-28, 2014. The presenter will receive up to $1,500 to defray travel and registration costs. The paper will be published in YALSA’s peer-reviewed Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults after the conference. For more information about the journal, visit http://yalsa.ala.org/jrlya.
The YALSA Midwinter Paper Presentation Committee is seeking proposals for papers presenting points of view based on current research and relating either to topics covered in YALSA's Future of Library Services for and with Teens Report or Research Agenda. The agenda includes four priority areas:
- Priority Area 1: Impact of Libraries on Young Adults
- Priority Area 2: Young Adult Reading and Resources
- Priority Area 3: Information Seeking Behaviors and Needs of Young Adults
- Priority Area 4: Informal and Formal Learning Environments and Young Adults
To provide a venue for educators, librarians, students, and others interested in young adult librarianship an opportunity to gather and explore a topic of current interest that impacts the field.
Please use the official application form.
- Paper proposals are due no later than June 1, 2014.
- Only previously unpublished papers will be accepted.
- The winner will be selected, and all applicants will be notified by September 1, 2014.
- All paper presenters must register for the Midwinter Meeting by December 1, 2014.
- For questions, email the Midwinter Paper Presentation Committee Chair.
Statement on Eligibility
Any individual from within or without of the library community is welcome to submit an application. Membership in ALA/YALSA is not required.