YALSA's Teens' Top Ten
About the Teens' Top Ten
The Teens' Top Ten is a "teen choice" list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year! Nominators are members of teen book groups in sixteen school and public libraries around the country. Nominations are posted on the Thursday of National Library Week, and teens across the country vote on their favorite titles each year. Readers ages twelve to eighteen will vote online between August 15 and Teen Read Week™ (October 18-24, 2015) at www.ala.org/yalsa/reads4teens; the winners will be announced the week after Teen Read Week.
Meet the 2015 - 2016 Teens' Top Ten book groups, who will choose the nominees for the next two years.
See all the Teens' Top Ten books, plus titles from YALSA's other awards and booklists, in the Teen Book Finder App.
2015 Teens' Top Ten titles announced!
- The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen (Scholastic)
- I Become Shadow by Joe Shine. (Soho Teen)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. (Simon & Schuster)
- My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak. (Sourcebooks)
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. (Bloomsbury)
- The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare. (Simon & Schuster/Margaret K. McElderry)
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu. (Penguin/G.P. Putnam's Sons)
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. (Macmillan/ Henry Holt & Company)
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. (Simon & Schuster)
- The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith. (Hachette/Poppy)
2015 Teens' Top Ten Nominee Book Trailers
View a list of the nominees with annotations here. (pdf)
Promoting the Teens' Top Ten
See our guide to promoting the Teens' Top Ten books and voting for the Teens' Top Ten in your library.
Download the Teens' Top Ten Toolkit (Word doc)
Participate in the Teens' Top Ten YALSA Librarians Group on figment.com. This is a dedicated discussion group where librarians and library workers can come together to share materials and programming ideas for the TTT. The Figment editorial team will also share resources for the nominated titles, including author interviews, writing prompts, and other original programming. To join, simply create a free account on Figment and request membership to the YALSA group.
Use Figment's free groups function to host your library's own private book club, where teens can discuss the books they're reading and where you can share information about your library's events and resources. You can also access and manage additional contests, writing prompts, games, and author interviews provided by Figment throughout the summer.
About YA Galley
Teens' Top Ten (TTT) is part of YA Galley, in which teen book groups led by YALSA members receive galleys from publishes throughout the year. Learn more about YA Galley and the fifteen participating libraries on our YA Galley Participants page or contact Nichole O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4387.
Curious? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions about the Teens' Top Ten!