ABC-CLIO/Greenwood/YALSA Service to Young Adults Achievement Award
This grant of $2,000 is funded by ABC-CLIO/Greenwood and is given out every other year (applications are accepted during odd years only). The grant recognizes a member who has demonstrated unique and sustained devotion to young adult services through substantial work in any two or more of these initiatives:
- The promotion of library services for young adults
- Conducting and publishing research for young adults
- Publication or presentation of knowledge or best practices relating to young adult literature or library services for young adults
- Advocating for young adult literature or library services for young adults
- Mentoring of other professionals in the field of young adult literature or library services
- Notable efforts in furthering the mission of YALSA
One recipient will be designated every two years. If a suitable candidate is not found, the jury will remain active and present an award the following year.
Applications are due by December 1 in odd-numbered years. Please submit nominations online. Entries must be emailed by December 1.
- All entries must use be submitted online provided below by the Young Adult Library Services Association.
- All persons being nominated must be current personal members of ALA/YALSA at the time the application is submitted to be eligible. The nominator does not need to be a member of ALA or YALSA.
- Entries should be models of clarity and completeness and no more than one typed page.
- Completed applications should be e mailed to Nichole O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the award in the subject line. Questions should be directed to Nichole at: 800/545-2433 x 4387
- Applications are only accepted during odd years and must be received no later than December 1.