Academic/Research Librarian of the Year Award
The ACRL Academic/Research Librarian of the Year Award recognizes an outstanding member of the library profession who has made a significant national or international contribution to academic or research librarianship and library development.
Plaque and $5,000 award. Sponsored by GOBI Library Solutions from EBSCO.
This award recognizes and honors achievement in such areas as:
- Service to the organized profession through the Association of College and Research Libraries and related organizations
- Significant and influential research on academic or research library service
- Publication of a body of scholarly and/or theoretical writing contributing to academic or research library development
- Planning and implementing a library program of such exemplary quality that it has served as a model for others
Electronic submissions are required. Applicants must submit a nomination form and supporting documents via email to Chase Ollis, email@example.com. The nomination form must be completed in its entirety. Nominations must be received by December 2, 2016, to receive full consideration. Nominations will be confirmed via email.
Supporting documents to accompany the nomination form include:
- a letter from you supporting the nomination
- a current vita for the person being nominated
- as many letters as you wish from other librarians supporting the nomination
- a high resolution photo of the nominee (at least 300 dpi), which will be used to make the official winner announcement immediately after the ALA Midwinter Meeting
All letters of support should be compiled by the nominator and sent along with the main nomination. Applications are kept in the award pool for three years. Applications may be updated each year, as long as they are received by the award deadline.
Individuals may nominate themselves or others. E-mail the nominating package to Chase Ollis at firstname.lastname@example.org. If sending multiple files, each file name must include the nominee's name.
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 2, 2016
Information & Assistance
Questions or requests for assistance in compiling a nomination should be directed to the chair, Michael Courtney, Indiana University Libraries, T: (812) 856-6867, E-mail: email@example.com or Chase Ollis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the full award committee roster here.
2017 – Loretta Parham
2016 – Susan K. Nutter
2015 – Robert A. Seal
2014 – Tim Bucknall
2013 – Patricia Iannuzzi
2010 – Maureen Sullivan: Press Release
2007 – Lizabeth (Betsy) A. Wilson: Acceptance
2006 – Ray English: Acceptance
2005 – Ravindra Nath (R.N.) Sharma: Acceptance
2004 – Tom Kirk: Acceptance
2003 – Ross Atkinson
2002 – Shelley E. Phipps
2001 – Larry Hardesty
2000 – Sharon Hogan
1999 – Hannelore B. Rader
1998 – Allen B. Veaner
1997 – James G. Neal
1996 – Ralph Russell
1995 – Joseph Boisse
1994 – Irene Braden Hoadley
1993 – William A. Moffett
1992 – Carla Stoffle
1991 – Richard DeGennaro
1990 – Patricia Battin
1989 – John P. McGowan
1988 – Edward G. Holley
1987 – Duane Webster
1986 – Margaret Beckman
1985 – Jessie Carney Smith
1984 – Richard D. Johnson
1983 – Richard Dougherty
1982 – William Budington
1981 – Beverly Lynch
1980 – Evan Farber
1979 – Henriette Avram & Frederick G. Kilgour
1978 – Keyes D. Metcalf and Robert B. Downs
Sponsorship provided by GOBI Library Solutions from EBSCO