This award is given annually to honor a distinguished academic librarian who has made outstanding contributions to women and gender studies through accomplishments and service to the profession. The award recognizes those who have made significant one-time contributions.
Sponsored by Duke University Press. $750 check plus plaque for the winner.
The ACRL Women & Gender Studies Section Award for Significant Achievement in Women & Gender Studies Librarianship recognizes one-time achievement, by an individual or a group, during the particular year of the award. Achievement may be in any area of academic Women & Gender Studies librarianship, including, but not limited to:
- Publication of a monograph, journal article, website, or media product;
- Talk or other presentation at a nationally recognized conference;
- Innovations in Women & Gender Studies librarianship, including but not limited to instruction;
- Development of an exemplary program, collection, digitization project, or access tool to serve Women & Gender Studies students and/or faculty;
- Significant creative & innovative contribution to the work of the ACRL Women & Gender Studies Section.
Electronic submissions are required. All nominations should be accompanied by a completed nomination form. In addition, please submit a nominating letter addressing specific area(s) or criteria and citing concrete examples. The nominations packet must include at least 1 letter of support. Send your nomination packet to the attention of Dolores Fidishun, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If possible, please submit a high resolution photo of the nominee (at least 300 dpi). The photo will be used to make the official winner announcement immediately after the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
If you have questions or require assistance in completing a nomination packet, please contact Dolores Fidishun, Penn State Abington College Library, T: (215) 881-7425, E-mail: email@example.com or Chase Ollis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the full award committee roster here.
- 2018 Shirley Lew and Baharak Yousefi
- 2017 Janet Weaver
- 2016 No recipient
- 2015 Nancy Goebel
- 2014 Maria T. Accardi
- 2013 Randy Gue
- 2012 Kayo Denda, Rhonda Marker, Li Sun, Lucy Vidal, Alicia Graham and Kirsten Canfield
- 2010 No recipient
- 2009 Ken Middleton
- 2008 Jane Sloan
- 2007 Jennifer Gilley, Kayo Denda, Jenna Freedman, Sharon Ladenson
- 2006 Katherine Kraft; Carrie Kruse and Cynthia Johnson
- 2005 Cindy Ingold and Linda Krikos
- 2004 Donna Roe
- 2003 Sherri Barnes
- 2002 Eri Fujieda, Meg Miner, Beth Stafford
- 2001 Marilyn Dunn
- 2000 Lynn Westbrook
This award was previously sponsored by ABC-CLIO Greenwood.