This annual award recognizes significant achievement in community college programs.
Sponsored by EBSCO Information Services. $750 cash plus citation for the award winner.
Individuals or groups from two-year institutions, as well as the two-year institutions themselves, are eligible to receive the award. Nominations will be kept on file for three consecutive years.
Nominees for the program award should demonstrate significant achievement in development of a unique and innovative learning resources/library program.
Nominations should consist of the nomination form, a narrative letter describing the achievements, and any supporting attachments. Nominations must be emailed to Laura Mondt, Northern Essex Community College, E-mail: email@example.com.
If possible, please submit a high resolution photo of the nominee (at least 300 dpi). The photo will be used to make the official winner announcement immediately after the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
View the full awards committee roster here.
- 2018 – Bucks County Community College
- 2017 – LDS Business College
- 2016 – Austin Community College Library Services
- 2015 – Andrew G. Truxal Library at Anne Arundel Community College
- 2014 – Parkland College Library and Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning staffs
- 2013 – Palo Alto College library staff
- 2012 – Sheila Afnan-Manns, Reyes Medrano, and Kandice Mickelsen
- 2011 – Leslie Bussert
- 2010 – Northwest Vista College Library
- 2009 – Diana Fitzwater
- 2008 – Hazard Community & Technical College
- 2007 – Hagan Foundation Center for the Humanities at Spokane Community College
- 2006 – Eva Lautermann, Sherry Durren, and Lois Shelton, Georgia Perimeter College
- 2005 – Kate Connell and Suzanne Lo, City College of San Francisco
- 2004 – Janice Peyton and Lonna Beers, North Harris Montgomery Community College District
- 2003 – Baton Rouge Community College Library
- 2002 – St. Petersburg Junior College
- 2001 – Tompkins Cortland Community College
- 2000 – The Indian River Community College
- 1999 – Richland College
- 1998 – Oakton Community College
- 1996 – Southwestern College Library
- 1995 – Derrie B. Roark
- 1994 – Ed Rivenburgh
- 1993 – Lois Marriot
- 1992 – The Library Collection Development Committee at St. Petersburg Junior College
- 1991 – Jimmie Anne Nourse & Rudy Widman
- 1990 – Cooperative Collection Development Committee of the Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Services