This award honors a distinguished academic librarian who has made an outstanding contribution as an education and/or behavioral sciences librarian through accomplishments and service to the profession.
$2,500 cash and plaque, sponsored by the American Psychological Association. The award is administered by the Education and Behavioral Sciences Section of ACRL and is presented at the ALA Annual Conference.
Nominees should have demonstrated achievements in one or more of the following areas:
- Service to the organized profession through ACRL/EBSS and related organizations
- Significant academic library service in the areas of education and/or behavioral sciences
- Significant research and publication in areas of academic library services in education and/or behavioral sciences
- Planning and implementation of academic library programs in education and/or the behavioral sciences disciplines of such exemplary quality that they could serve as a model for others.
Electronic submissions are required. Nominations should include a completed nomination form, a letter of support, and a CV. E-mail all materials to the award committee co-chairs: Yu-Hui Chen, SUNY Albany, E-mail: email@example.com and Stephanie Davis-Kahl, Illinois Wesleyan University, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Yu-Hui, Stephanie, or Chase Ollis, email@example.com.
Please submit a high resolution photo of the nominee (at least 300 dpi). The photo will be used to make the official winner announcement immediately after the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
View the full award committee roster here.
- 2018 – Scott Collard
- 2017 – Deborah L. Schaeffer
- 2016 – No recipient
- 2015 – No recipient
- 2014 – Stephanie Davis-Kahl
- 2013 – Judith A. Walker
- 2012 – Scott Walter
- 2011 – Douglas Cook
- 2010 – Penny Minton Beile
- 2009 – Gary Lare
- 2008 – John William Collins III
- 2007 – Patricia O’Brien Libutti
- 2006 – Elizabeth Oakley Hutchins
- 2005 – Kate Corby
- 2004 – Laurene E. Zaporozhetz
- 2003 – Ilene F. Rockman
- 2002 – Barbara E. Kemp
- 2001 – Charles B. Thurston
- 2000 – Leslie Bjorncrantz
- 1999 – Jo Ann Carr
- 1998 – Eva L. Kiewitt
- 1997 – Nancy O’Brien
- 1996 – Donald V. Osier
- 1995 – Hannelore Rader
- 1994 – Mary Ellen Collins