This award is given annually to honor a distinguished academic librarian who has made outstanding contributions to women and gender studies through accomplishments and service to the profession. This award was established in 1999.
Sponsored by Duke University Press. $750 check plus plaque for the recipient.
The ACRL Women & Gender Studies Section Award for Career Achievement in Women & Gender Studies Librarianship is designed to honor individual career achievement in Women & Gender Studies Librarianship. Nominees should have demonstrated significant achievements and contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Service within the organized profession through ACRL/WGSS and/or related organizations;
- Academic/research library service in the area of women and gender studies;
- Research and publication in areas of academic/research library services in women and gender studies;
- Planning and implementation of academic/research library programs in women and gender studies disciplines of such exemplary quality that they could serve as a model for others.
Electronic submissions through the online nomination form are required. Nomination should include a nominating letter addressing specific area(s) or criteria and citing concrete examples, and at least one (1) letter of support.
View the full award committee roster here.
- 2019 - Carrie Kruse
- 2018 - Diedre Conkling
- 2017 - Jennifer Gilley
- 2016 - Kayo Denda
- 2015 - Connie Phelps
- 2014 - Laura Micham
- 2013 - Hope Olson
- 2012 - Ellen Greenblatt
- 2011 - Kay Cassell
- 2010 - Cindy Ingold
- 2009 - Linda Krikos
- 2008 - Dolores Fidishun
- 2007 - Sandra River
- 2006 - Marlene Manoff
- 2005 - Ellen J. Broidy
- 2004 - Phyllis Holman Weisbard
- 2003 - Ruth Dickstein
- 2002 - Joan Ariel
- 2001 - Sarah Pritchard
- 2000 - Susan E. Searing