ACRL's Awards program will be on hold for the 2021-2022 award season, during which time nominations will not be accepted or juried and no recipients will be chosen for any ACRL awards. For more information, please contact Lauren Carlton.
This annual award recognizes significant achievement in outreach or academic programs in community college libraries/learning resources.
Sponsored by EBSCO Information Services. $750 cash plus citation for the award recipient.
Individuals or groups from two-year institutions, as well as the two-year institutions themselves, are eligible to receive the award. Nominations will be kept on file for three consecutive years.
Nominees for the program award should demonstrate significant achievement in development of a unique and innovative learning resources/library program.
Submissions are not currently being accepted.
Electronic submissions through the online nomination form are required. Nominations should include a narrative letter describing the achievements and any supporting attachments.
Questions or requests for assistance in compiling a nomination should be directed to award committee chair Sarah I. Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the full awards committee roster here.
Anjali Parasnis-Samar and Alice Wilson, both of Monroe Community College
- 2020 – Colorado Community College System
- 2019 – Laura Luiz
- 2018 – Bucks County Community College
- 2017 – LDS Business College
- 2016 – Austin Community College Library Services
- 2015 – Andrew G. Truxal Library at Anne Arundel Community College
- 2014 – Parkland College Library and Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning staffs
- 2013 – Palo Alto College library staff
- 2012 – Sheila Afnan-Manns, Reyes Medrano, and Kandice Mickelsen
- 2011 – Leslie Bussert
- 2010 – Northwest Vista College Library
- 2009 – Diana Fitzwater
- 2008 – Hazard Community & Technical College
- 2007 – Hagan Foundation Center for the Humanities at Spokane Community College
- 2006 – Eva Lautermann, Sherry Durren, and Lois Shelton, Georgia Perimeter College
- 2005 – Kate Connell and Suzanne Lo, City College of San Francisco
- 2004 – Janice Peyton and Lonna Beers, North Harris Montgomery Community College District
- 2003 – Baton Rouge Community College Library
- 2002 – St. Petersburg Junior College
- 2001 – Tompkins Cortland Community College
- 2000 – The Indian River Community College
- 1999 – Richland College
- 1998 – Oakton Community College
- 1996 – Southwestern College Library
- 1995 – Derrie B. Roark
- 1994 – Ed Rivenburgh
- 1993 – Lois Marriot
- 1992 – The Library Collection Development Committee at St. Petersburg Junior College
- 1991 – Jimmie Anne Nourse & Rudy Widman
- 1990 – Cooperative Collection Development Committee of the Chemeketa Cooperative Regional Library Services