Standards, process, policies, and procedures (AP3)
The 2015 Standards were adopted by approval of the Council of the American Library Association on February 2, 2015. Implementation of the Standards is as follows:
- Programs scheduled for a comprehensive review visit in spring 2017 or later will begin reporting to the 2015 Standards beginning with narrative reports due in December 2015. That way, the narrative reports can aid development of the Program Presentation.
- Programs with comprehensive review visits in spring 2015 through fall 2016 will continue to report to the 2008 Standards until after the accreditation decision is made. A program in this category has the option to use the 2015 Standards upon written notification to the Office.
- Programs placed on Conditional status under the 2008 Standards will continue to report to the 2008 Standards until after the next accreditation decision.
- 2008 Standards in spreadsheet format with numbered paragraphs and space for notes [Excel]
- 2008 Standards in table format with numbered paragraphs and space for notes [Word]
Accreditation Process, Policies and Procedures (AP3), third edition (released May 2012)