Cultural programming, discussion series and traveling exhibitions are some of the best ways to engage with your library community. Fill out an application and get started today!
We are now accepting applications for the 2014 Sara Jaffarian School Library Program Award. The winner will receive a $4,000 honorarium, a plaque, and promotion in ALA materials. The application deadline is April 18. For more information, view the application guidelines.
Information on current exhibition tours and recently closed applications is listed below:
- The application period for a second round of grants to current participants in the Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys program is now closed.
- The application period for the Libraries Transforming Communities Public Innovators Cohort is now closed.
- The ALA Excellence in Library Programming Award 2014 application period is now closed.
- Changing America is a new traveling exhibition on the 1863 Emancipation Proclamation and the 1963 March on Washington. The application period is now closed.
- Dust, Drought and Dreams Gone Dry is a new traveling exhibition on the Dust Bowl for public, academic and special libraries. The application period is now closed. Applicants will be notified of the decision by e-mail by April 15, 2014.
- The Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys application period for sites selected to receive the Bridging Cultures: Muslim Journeys Bookshelf is now closed.
- The StoryCorps @ your library 2013 application period is now closed.
- The application period for the Bridging Cultures Bookshelf on Muslim Journeys is now closed. View a list of selected sites.
- Discover Tech: Engineers Make a World of Difference, a traveling exhibition presented in partnership with the National Center for Interactive Learning at Space Science Institute, the Lunar and Planetary Institute and the National Girls Collaborative Project. View a list of selected sites.
- America's Music: A Film History of our Popular Music from Blues to Bluegrass to Broadway application period is now closed. View a list of selected sites.