Cultural programming, discussion series and traveling exhibitions are some of the best ways to engage with your library community. Fill out an application and get started today!
- We are now accepting applications for the Libraries Transforming Communities Public Innovators Cohort. For more information, visit the application at https://apply.ala.org/ltc, or the main Libraries Transforming Communities page.
- We are now accepting applications for a second round of grants to current participants in the Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys scholar-led reading and discussion program. Grantees will receive an additional $1,000 to host a second program series on one of the five themes. For more information, view the application guidelines.
Information on current exhibition tours and recently closed applications is listed below:
- The ALA Excellence in Library Programming Award 2014 application period is now closed.
- The Sara Jaffarian School Library Program Award 2014 application period is now closed. View a list of past winners.
- Changing America is a new traveling exhibition on the 1863 Emancipation Proclamation and the 1963 March on Washington. The application period is now closed.
- Dust, Drought and Dreams Gone Dry is a new traveling exhibition on the Dust Bowl for public, academic and special libraries. The application period is now closed. Applicants will be notified of the decision by e-mail by April 15, 2014.
- The Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys application period for sites selected to receive the Bridging Cultures: Muslim Journeys Bookshelf is now closed.
- The StoryCorps @ your library 2013 application period is now closed.
- The application period for the Bridging Cultures Bookshelf on Muslim Journeys is now closed. View a list of selected sites.
- Discover Tech: Engineers Make a World of Difference, a traveling exhibition presented in partnership with the National Center for Interactive Learning at Space Science Institute, the Lunar and Planetary Institute and the National Girls Collaborative Project. View a list of selected sites.
- America's Music: A Film History of our Popular Music from Blues to Bluegrass to Broadway application period is now closed. View a list of selected sites.