Cultural programming, discussion series and traveling exhibitions are some of the best ways to engage with your library community.
Information on current exhibition tours and recently closed applications is listed below:
- Apply now for the 2015 ALA Excellence in Library Programming Award . School, public, academic, and special libraries are all eligible, and the application deadline is December 1.
- Applications are now being accepted for the 2015 Jaffarian School Library Program Award . The award is open to elementary and middle school libraries that serve children K–8. The deadline for applications is December 15.
- Apply now for the traveling exhibition Exploring Human Origins. This opportunity is open to public libraries. The deadline for applications is November 19.
- The application period for a second round of grants to current participants in the Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys program is now closed.
- The application period for the Libraries Transforming Communities Public Innovators Cohort is now closed.
- The application period for Shakespeare and His First Folio: A Traveling Exhibition is now closed. Applicants will be notified of the decision by email by January 16, 2015.
- Changing America is a new traveling exhibition on the 1863 Emancipation Proclamation and the 1963 March on Washington. The application period is now closed.
- Dust, Drought and Dreams Gone Dry is a new traveling exhibition on the Dust Bowl for public, academic and special libraries. The application period is now closed.
- The Let's Talk About It: Muslim Journeys application period for sites selected to receive the Bridging Cultures: Muslim Journeys Bookshelf is now closed.
- The StoryCorps @ your library 2013 application period is now closed.
- The application period for the Bridging Cultures Bookshelf on Muslim Journeys is now closed. View a list of selected sites.
- Discover Tech: Engineers Make a World of Difference, a traveling exhibition presented in partnership with the National Center for Interactive Learning at Space Science Institute, the Lunar and Planetary Institute and the National Girls Collaborative Project. View a list of selected sites.
- America's Music: A Film History of our Popular Music from Blues to Bluegrass to Broadway application period is now closed. View a list of selected sites.