Programming & Exhibitions
The library is the perfect place to learn about caring for collections, family heirlooms, and other precious items. Preservation Week® is designed to help libraries share this vital information with the public. The website offers loads of online resources for planning and promoting preservation events.
80 is the New 30! Learn How Public Libraries are Delivering Proven, Inspiring and Transformative Arts Programs for Today’s Older Adults
Interested in moving programming for older adults aged 55+ active engagement through professional arts education? Attend a day-long preconference workshop based on the Creative Aging Libraries Project during the 2013 ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Friday, June 28.
Explore Chicago architectural landmark at Annual Conference and support Cultural Communities FundExplore an original Frank Lloyd Wright-designed house, while supporting the ALA Cultural Communities Fund (CCF), during Annual Conference this summer. Includes a cocktail reception and self-guided tours through Robie House.
The ALA Public Programs Office promotes cultural and community programming as an essential part of library service. Through professional development activities, programming resources, model programs and grant opportunities, the Public Programs Office supports libraries as they fill their role as community cultural center, a place of cultural and civic engagement, where people of all backgrounds gather for reflection, discovery, participation and growth.
Posted on May 21, 2013 | 1:39 pm
Posted on May 14, 2013 | 9:55 am
Posted on April 23, 2013 | 12:20 pm
Posted on April 8, 2013 | 7:47 pm
Posted on March 19, 2013 | 3:39 pm
- From the Blog | Having a Doggone Good Time with the World’s Largest Dog t.co/aYg6GSF2OQ
- Help the Folger Shakespeare Library! They would like to take their "Shakespeare and his First Folio" traveling... t.co/bUoiwFzaH5
- From the Blog | Check Out This Award-winning Reading Program for Students t.co/gAUNimUMt4
- From the Blog | Are You a Programming Librarian and an ALA Member? Let Your Voice Be Heard! t.co/LJGpNvB3zj
- From the Blog | Study Reinforces Importance of Children’s Programming t.co/agBUKMlzJK
- New Jobs | Seven new jobs this week! t.co/pBV5PvJDT4
Posted on May 23, 2013 | 2:43 pm
Posted on May 21, 2013 | 2:08 pm
Posted on May 16, 2013 | 3:35 pm
Posted on May 14, 2013 | 10:41 am
Posted on May 9, 2013 | 3:58 pm