Join ALA or Renew Your Membership
ALA is an exciting place to be these days— and for good reason. Thanks to improved programming, exciting online courses, and our interactive membership community ALAConnect , members become involved and make a difference for their libraries. ALA membership instantly connects you to a network of dedicated library professionals.
Which of the following best describes you?
NEW. If you are sure you are a new member joining ALA for the very first time, click the Online button near the bottom of this page.You will be taken to a login page. Use the Create a Profile option. Once your profile is created, you will be taken to our secure online membership form to make your selections.
RENEW / REJOIN. If you are an ALA member now, or have been an ALA member in the past, click the Online button near the bottom of this page (you need to be logged on to access your record). You will be provided access to your membership record and renewal options.
If you do not remember your login or password information, use the retrieval function or contact Member and Customer Service at 1-800-545-2433, and select option 5.
|NOT SURE. If you are not sure whether you are or have ever been a member of ALA, or if you have been a member but do not remember your login information, do not complete the online membership form. Instead, call 1-800-545-2433, and press 5 for Member and Customer Service. During the hours of 8:30 to 4:30 Central, a customer service representative will assist you. Former members who fill out a new membership form will be charged the difference in dues, and may experience delays in members-only access to this website and to ALA Connect.”|
Join the American Library Association.
Renew or Update contact information via the Online Renewal/Update Form (log-in required)
- Increase your ability to reach and serve your community
- Meet, connect, and network with professionals from all areas of library work
- Help make libraries and the profession stronger
- Enhance your library’s effectiveness
- Build and share your knowledge
- Engage in the latest trends and issues
- Discover new technologies and innovations
- Develop leadership skills
- Support and advocate for the public’s access to information
- Make an impact on related legislative issues
- Be part of the global transformation of libraries