ALA Membership is delighted to announce that the new ecommerce system for handling ALA renewals, donations and new member joins is launching soon. The system has a responsive design, making it usable from tablets and smartphones. It is fully secure, with all pages encrypted. Get a sneak peek at the new system by taking a look at these YouTube videos. [Add URLs.]
During the next couple of months, selected renewal and reminder notices will include the URLs to the new system. If you receive a membership notice with the new URL, please use it for your renewal.
The new system has some new features to streamline member interactions, thanks to the ALA Executive Board members, the Website Advisory Committee, and other members who assisted us with testing.
- Immediate Access: Your receipt, membership card and certificate are now available as PDFs from links in the welcome email.
- Personalized Recommendations: Members who would like to explore possibilities for division and round table membership options can choose “Make changes,” select from the available interests and the recommendation engine will showcase some selections.
- Donations: Support your favorite scholarship or other funds. Express renewal now includes your current memberships and any donations you made in the past year. Both products and donations can be adjusted, either by using Make Changes or in the shopping cart just before paying.
- New Payment Method: We now accept PayPal.
- More Online Renewal Options: Life, continuing, honorary and corporate members can now use the system to change their division and round table memberships. Students who have reached the limit of their five year student membership can now renew online by selecting a different personal membership category.
- Site visitors can now make donations without creating an account. This is most useful for non-members who may be one time givers. Members who use this method won’t have a record of the donation made on their account, so they may prefer to log in where they have the option to donate anonymously if they desire.
- Upon renewal, up to three donation options related to a member’s ALA, division and round table memberships are randomly generated. To make different giving choices, use “See all donation options.”
- Joining from a division site automatically adds that division to your cart.
- All new members can fill out the optional interests to receive specific recommendations for ALA division and round table memberships.
We made every effort to develop an accessible system. If you require an accessibility accommodation and have difficulty using the system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-545-2433, ex. 5 to receive assistance.
Posted on September 26, 2016 | 2:59 pm
Posted on September 26, 2016 | 1:03 pm
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 4:44 pm
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 2:56 pm
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 9:27 am
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 9:08 am
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 9:06 am
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 9:05 am
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 9:03 am
Posted on September 23, 2016 | 9:02 am
Posted on June 7, 2016 | 1:43 pm
Posted on May 18, 2015 | 3:51 pm
Posted on May 5, 2015 | 10:56 am
Posted on May 12, 2014 | 10:13 am
Posted on September 3, 2013 | 4:26 pm