The primary mission of the ALA Library is to help the staff of the American Library Association serve ALA members, and thereafter, the needs of the members of ALA, other libraries, and members of the public seeking information on librarianship. The ALA Library is a small special library with a collection that focuses exclusively on the history of and issues within libraries and librarianship. The Library's staff will respond to reference and information requests in accordance with this mission and collection scope.
Initiatives & Projects
- A to Z Index of Topics - pathfinders to help answer questions about librarianship and ALA
- ALA Archives
- ALA Library Fact Sheets
- ALA Periodicals -- Periodicals of the American Library Association divisions and division sections, offices, and round tables, in alphabetical order
- ALA Professional Tips Wiki
- Ask the ALA Library Blog: Q&A from the ALA Headquarters Library
- FAQs -- Frequently Answered Questions about the American Library Association
- Library of the American Library Association's Bookmarks on Delicious.com -- continually updated list of links to current online resources collected on a variety of library-related subjects.
Follow the ALA Headquarters Library on Pinterest - Collections curated by staff of ALA’s Library based on inquiries to the library
Follow the Ask the ALA Library Blog Pinterest Board - Curated by the staff of American Libraries