The primary mission of the ALA Library is to help the staff of the American Library Association serve ALA members, and thereafter, the needs of the members of ALA, other libraries, and members of the public seeking information on librarianship. The ALA Library is a small special library with a collection that focuses exclusively on the history of and issues within libraries and librarianship. The Library's staff will respond to reference and information requests in accordance with this mission and collection scope.
Initiatives & Projects
- A to Z Index of Topics - pathfinders to help answer questions about librarianship and ALA
- ALA Archives
- ALA Library Resource Guides
- ALA Periodicals -- Periodicals of the American Library Association divisions and division sections, offices, and round tables, in alphabetical order
- ALA Professional Tips Wiki
- Ask the ALA Library Blog: Q&A from the ALA Headquarters Library