The Publications Committee represents the broad publishing interest and concerns of all committees and interest groups of the division; it proposes and recommends division-wide publication policies to the LITA Board; and it advises and guides the editorial practices and operational details of the division's publications.
Displaying active committee roster as of 08/05/2020. Last retrieved on 08/05/2020. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Consists of members from interest groups, editors of LITA publications, and Board and staff liaisons. The chair is an ex-officio member of the ITAL Editorial Board.
About this Committee
- Develops ideas and leads for new LITA publications
- Reviews manuscript proposals and supports the Acquisitions Editor
- Supports the work of the Information Technology And Libraries (ITAL) Editor and Editorial Board
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 4-6 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 2 hours per month
- May and November are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Writing, editing, reviewing for publication
- Knowledge of scholarly communication
- Familiarity with topics and trends with technology and libraries
- Network of movers and shakers in library technology
- Plugged into different communities / conferences / venues related to technology and libraries
- Actively engaged as a member of LITA and reader of its publications