Advocacy & Issues
LITA advocates for and participates in the adoption of legislation, policies, technologies and standards that promote equitable access to information and technology.
ALA Training and Tools
- Get an Edge on Advocacy @ your library with LibraryEdge.org
Library Edge is a new initiative to provide library leaders and technologists with training and tools they need to advocate for improving library technology and digital readiness.
- Turning the Page Online (PLA)
Free self-paced course to develop advocacy skills.
- ALA Advocacy, Legislation & Issues
- Intellectual Freedom Round Table (IFRT)
- Intellectual Freedom Committee (IFC)
- Freedom to Read Foundation (FTRF)
- United for Libraries
Reports and Resources
- District Dispatch (ALA Washington Office)
See especially posts on Cybersecurity, Digital Divide, Digital Literacy, e-books, E-Rate, Network Neutrality, and OITP.
- ALA Task Force on Privacy and Confidentiality in the Electronic Environment - Report
The task force examined the impact of new technologies on patron privacy and the confidentiality of electronic records.