The Committee on Diversity and Inclusion has as its charge:
- To establish and maintain diversity as a fundamental principle of LITA,
- To articulate the desired facets of diversity within LITA,
- To propose appropriate goals for diversity in LITA membership, participation, and programming and metrics for measuring success,
- To advise and coordinate with other LITA committees, task forces, and the governing board on strategies to meet diversity goals,
- To coordinate with other groups within ALA on diversity issues in the library workplace, and
- To report annually to the governing board on the committee's progress,
- To serve as LITA liaison to the ALA Diversity Committee through the chair or another designee from the committee.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/15/2019. Last retrieved on 07/15/2019. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Committee on Diversity and Inclusion shall be composed of a a chair with a one-year term, a vice-chair with a one-year term who will succeed to the role of chair in the subsequent year, and 6-8 additional members with two-year overlapping terms.
Members of the Committee on Diversity and Inclusion will receive assistance from an ALA staff liaison and a LITA board member will be appointed to serve as the committee's board liaison.
About this Committee
- Run LITA's Conference Buddy program
- Developing supports for more diverse involvement with LITA
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 10-12 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 2 hours per month
- January and June are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Understanding of best practices of diversity and inclusion