Interest groups are a great way to get involved with LITA, while learning about emerging trends or issues in library technology. The groups help shape future LITA programs, education initiatives and publications.
Interest groups are open to all LITA members. Conference attendance is not required. To join an interest group, contact the chair of the group. See contact information by logging in to the site and visiting the pages below. If you need help, contact the LITA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Altmetrics and Digital Analytics
- Authority Control (LITA / ALCTS)
- E-rate and CIPA Compliance Interest Group
- Electronic Resources Management (LITA / ALCTS)
- Game Making
- Heads of Library Technology
- Instructional Technologies
- Library Consortia Automated Systems
- Linked Library Data (LITA / ALCTS)
- Maker Technology Interest Group
- MARC Formats Transition (LITA / ALCTS)
- Mobile Computing
- New Member Interest Group
- Next Generation Catalog
- Open Source Systems
- Patron and Privacy Technologies
- Social Media and Learning
- User Experience
- Women in Information Technology
Interest Groups Coordinator
The LITA Bylaws, Article VIII, Interest Group, notes that the vice-president (president-elect) appoints a coordinator to shall oversee the activities of interest groups and report to the Board of Directors. The Interest Group Coordinator serves a two year term, not to serve for more than four consecutive years. The Interest Groups Coordinator serves as a resource for chairs of LITA interest groups. The Coordinator facilitates communication between the leaders of these groups through administering meetings.
David Lee King, Interest Group Coordinator
Forming an Interest Group
- Interest Group Chairs Committee
- Joint Committee & Interest Group Chairs Community (ALA Connect)
- Joint Chairs Calendar
Members & Chairs
- consult your interest group page listed above
- consult your interest group ALA Connect space
Submit committee meeting reports on ALA Connect. Use your ALA login and password to access Connect. Locate your group’s page under the heading “My ALA Groups;” select “Online docs [add]” and use the text editor or upload a document. Make the document public so that all LITA members can view your report. Please direct any questions or problems related to Connect to email@example.com.
Inactive Interest Groups
Information about inactive interest groups is kept for historic purposes. No updates are made to information on inactive interest group pages.