Patron Privacy Technologies Interest Group
- Publishing recommendations on data security practices for library software.
- Publishing tutorials on tools for libraries to use to check that library software is handling patron information responsibly.
- Organizing efforts to test commercially available software that handle patron information.
- Providing a conduit for responsible disclosure of defects in software that could lead to exposure of library patron information.
- Providing sample publicity materials for libraries to use with their patrons in explaining the library’s privacy practices.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/02/2016. Last retrieved on 07/02/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Interest groups are completely self-initiated and not appointed by LITA officers. Membership consists of any number of participants and is open to LITA members. The leadership of each group is selected by the group.
Patron Privacy Technologies Interest Group was established in 2014. To contribute information about the history of this interest group, contact LITA's Web Coordinating Committee at email@example.com.
Interest groups are open to all LITA members. Conference attendance is not required. To join a group, contact the chair, attend meetings, and get involved with their activities and discussions. See contact information in the above roster by logging into the site and clicking your browser refresh button. If you need help, contact the LITA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.