Interest groups are a great way to get involved with LITA, while learning about emerging trends or issues in library technology. The groups help shape future LITA programs, education initiatives, and publications.
Interest groups are open to all LITA members, and conference attendance is not required. To join an interest group, contact the chair of the group or subscribe to the group's mailing list. See contact information by logging in to the site and visiting the pages below. If you need help, contact the LITA office at email@example.com.
- Altmetrics and Digital Analytics
- Authority Control (LITA / ALCTS)
- E-rate and CIPA Compliance Interest Group
- Electronic Resources Management (LITA / ALCTS)
- Heads of Library Technology
- Instructional Technologies
- Linked Library Data (LITA / ALCTS)
- Machine and Deep Learning Research
- Maker Technology Interest Group
- MARC Formats Transition (LITA / ALCTS)
- Mobile Computing
- New Member Interest Group
- Open Source Systems
- Patron Privacy Technologies
- User Experience
- Women in Information Technology
Interest Groups Coordinator
The LITA Bylaws, Article VIII, Interest Group, notes that the vice-president (president-elect) appoints a coordinator to shall oversee the activities of interest groups and report to the Board of Directors. The Interest Group Coordinator serves a two year term, not to serve for more than four consecutive years. The Interest Groups Coordinator serves as a resource for chairs of LITA interest groups. The Coordinator facilitates communication between the leaders of these groups through administering meetings.
The 2018-20 Interest Group Coordinator is Rob Nunez.
Forming an Interest Group
To create a new interest group, create an online Interest Group Formation Petition. The petition should include the title of the group, a function statement, the signatures of two LITA members in good standing, designated as chair and vice-chair/co-chair, and the signatures of eight or more members of LITA. Additional information can be found in Section 6 of the LITA Manual.
- LITA Planning Calendar (with this year's deadlines and meetings)
- Leadership Guide for New Chairs (PDF)
- LITA Leaders Community (ALA Connect)
- LITA Leaders Roster
- Virtual Engagement Toolkit (created by LITA's 2017 Emerging Leaders Team)
- Committee/IG Calendar
Members & Chairs
- Consult your interest group page listed above
IG chairs are required to submit quarterly reports updating the LITA Board on the IG's activities.
- Interest Group Renewal Petition - use the electronic form or print out a paper version (PDF)
Inactive Interest Groups
Information about inactive interest groups is kept for historic purposes. No updates are made to information on inactive interest group pages.