The LITA Board of Directors establishes committees to help manage or address particular concerns of the division. Each committee is composed of at least three LITA members who serve two year terms. To encourage broad participation, interns may be appointed to committees for a one-year term. Terms commence and terminate at the adjournment of ALA Annual Conferences. A board member often serves as liaison to a committee to ensure communication between the board and committee.
- 50th Anniversary Task Force
- Appointments Committee
- Assessment and Research Committee
- Bylaws and Organization Committee
- Communications & Marketing Committee
- Committee Chairs Committee
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Education Committee
- Financial Advisory Committee
- Forum Assessment Task Force
- Forum Planning Committee 2017
- Frederick G. Kilgour Award Committee
- Hugh C. Atkinson Memorial Award Committee
- LITA / ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee
- LITA / Christian Larew Memorial Scholarship Committee
- LITA / Ex Libris Student Writing Award Committee
- LITA / Hi Tech Award Committee
- LITA Local Task Force
- LITA / OCLC and LITA / LSSI Minority Scholarships Committee
- Membership Development Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Personas Task Force
- Program Planning Committee
- Publications Committee
- Top Technology Trends Committee
- Web Coordinating Committee
Committee Chairs Coordinator
Committee Chairs Coordinator: Margaret Heller
LITA Bylaws, Article VII: Committees and Representatives, Section 8 stipulates that the Committee Chairs Coordinator will serve as a resource for the chairs of LITA committees and interest groups. The Coordinator facilitates communication between the leaders of these groups through administering meetings and the litachairs email list.
- Current LITA Calendar (LITA Services)
- Social Media Promotion Request
- ALA Annual Meeting request
- LITA Committee and Task Force Report Form
- Committee Commitment Survey
- You may choose to use any convenient platform for virtual meetings, but Adobe Connect is available to LITA Committees to conduct virtual meetings.
- Please contact the LITA Office: Mark Beatty, mbeatty (at) ala.org; 312-280-4268 to schedule a meeting using Adobe Connect. You may also request time for a practice session.
- Please note that LITA staff needs to schedule, set-up, and host all meetings in Adobe Connect.
- A virtual meeting toolkit will be coming soon.
- Documentation for Committees
- In addition to the LITA Docs site above, ensure that all your committee information is available in your committee's ALA Connect page and in the LITA Google Drive account. Contact Mark Beatty with questions about this.
- Use the LITA Committee and Task Force Report Form
- Next, submit a committee meeting report on ALA Connect. Use your ALA login and password to access Connect. Locate your group’s page under the heading “My ALA Groups;” select “Online docs [add]” and use the text editor or upload a document. Make the document public so that all LITA members can view your report. Please direct any questions or problems related to Connect to email@example.com.
- Personas describe the types of people LITA serves or is trying to serve. Use these as a basis for planning your activities.
- Personas Task Force Report
Information for Committee Chairs
LITA Planning Calendar (with this year's deadlines and meetings)
LITA Services site has many useful tools for Chairs. Familiarize yourself and visit regularly.
- Committee and Interest Group Chair Roster
Joint Committee & Interest Group Chairs Community (ALA Connect)
Information for Committee Members
- Read LITA Manual, Section 4, Organization of Committees and Responsibilities of Members
Review your committee page.
Review your committee ALA Connect space.
- Find your committee chair on the roster page, and contact them with specific questions.
Information about inactive committees is kept for historic purposes. No updates are made to information on inactive committee pages.