The LITA Board of Directors establishes committees to help manage or address particular concerns of the division. Each committee is composed of at least three LITA members who serve two year terms. To encourage broad participation, interns may be appointed to committees for a one-year term. Terms commence and terminate at the adjournment of ALA Annual Conferences. A Board member often serves as liaison to a committee to ensure communication between the board and committee.
- Appointments Committee
- Assessment and Research Committee
- Bylaws and Organization Committee
- Communications & Marketing Committee
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Education Committee
- Financial Advisory Committee
- Forum Planning Committee 2020
- Frederick G. Kilgour Award Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Hugh C. Atkinson Memorial Award Committee
- LITA / ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee
- LITA / Christian Larew Memorial Scholarship Committee
- LITA Committee Recognizing Excellence in Children’s and Young Adult Science Fiction
- LITA / Ex Libris Student Writing Award Committee
- LITA Leaders
- LITA / Library Hi Tech Award Committee
- Membership Development Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Program Planning Committee
- Publications Committee
- Top Technology Trends Committee
- Web Coordinating Committee
Committee Chairs Coordinator
The 2017-19 Committee Chairs Coordinator is Jenny Taylor.
LITA Bylaws, Article VII: Committees and Representatives, Section 8 stipulates that the Committee Chairs Coordinator will serve as a resource for the chairs of LITA committees and interest groups. The Coordinator facilitates communication between the leaders of these groups through administering meetings and the litachairs email list.
- LITA Planning Calendar (with this year's deadlines and meetings)
- Social Media Promotion Request
- ALA Annual Meeting request
- LITA Committee and Task Force Report Form
- Committee Commitment Survey
- Reserve the LITA Zoom Room
- You may choose to use any convenient platform for virtual meetings, but Zoom is available to LITA committees to conduct virtual meetings.
- The LITA Virtual Engagement Toolkit provides additional resources and advice for holding virtual meetings.
- Documentation for Committees
- Virtual Engagement Toolkit (created by LITA's 2017 Emerging Leaders Team)
- Software LITA Uses that is available for your group
- Who Do I Contact about…? can help direct your question to the right LITA staff person
- In addition to the LITA Docs site above, ensure that all your committee information is available in your committee's ALA Connect page and in the LITA Google Drive account. Contact Mark Beatty with questions about this.
- Use the LITA Committee and Task Force Report Form to submit your quarterly report (February, May, September, and December). The LITA Office will send a notice to the LITA Leaders group when these reports are due.
- Note that these reports are now being posted to the LITA Documentation site as public blog posts for archiving and dissemination. We'll post more information about this as the process is finalized.
- Personas describe the types of people LITA serves or is trying to serve. Use these as a basis for planning your activities.
- Personas Task Force Report
Information for Committee Chairs
LITA Planning Calendar (with this year's deadlines and meetings)
LITA Services site has many useful tools for Chairs. Familiarize yourself and visit regularly.
- Committee and Interest Group Chair Roster
LITA Leaders Community (ALA Connect)
Information for Committee Members
- Read LITA Manual, Section 4, Organization of Committees and Responsibilities of Members
Review your committee page.
Review your committee ALA Connect space.
- Find your committee chair on the roster page, and contact them with specific questions.
Information about inactive committees is kept for historic purposes. No updates are made to information on inactive committee pages.