The LITA Board of Directors establishes committees to help manage or address particular concerns of the division. Each committee is composed of at leasty three LITA members who serve two year terms. To encourage broad participation, interns may be appointed to committees for a one-year term. Terms commence and terminate at the adjournment of ALA Annual Conferences. A board member often serves as liaison to a committee to ensure communication between the board and committee.
- 50th Anniversary Task Force
- Assessment and Research Committee
- Bylaws and Organization Committee
- Communications & Marketing Committee
- Committee Chairs Committee
- Education Committee
- Financial Advisory Committee
- Forum Planning Committee 2015
- Forum Planning Committee 2016
- Frederick G. Kilgour Award Committee
- Hugh C. Atkinson Memorial Award Committee
- Interest Group Chair Committee
- LITA / ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee
- LITA / Christian Larew Memorial Scholarship Committee
- LITA / Ex Libris Student Writing Award Committee
- LITA / Hi Tech Award Committee
- LITA / OCLC and LITA / LSSI Minority Scholarships Committee
- Membership Development Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Program Planning Committee
- Publications Committee
- Top Technology Trends Committee
- Web Coordinating Committee
Committee Chairs Coordinator
Committee Chairs Coordinator: Lauren Pressley
LITA Bylaws, Article VII: Committees and Representatives, Section 8 stipulates that the Committee Chairs Coordinator will serve as a resource for the chairs of LITA committees and interest groups. The Coordinator facilitates communication between the leaders of these groups through administering meetings and running the comchair email list.
- LITA Manual, Section 4, Organization of Committees and Responsibilities of Members
consult your committee page listed above
consult your committee ALA Connect space
- Adobe Connect available to LITA Committees to conduct virtual meetings.
- Please contact the LITA Office: Mark Beatty, mbeatty (at) ala.org; 312-280-4268 to schedule a meeting using Adobe Connect. You may also request time for a practice session.
- Please note that LITA staff needs to schedule, set-up, and host all meetings in Adobe Connect.
Submit committee meeting reports on ALA Connect. Use your ALA login and password to access Connect. Locate your group’s page under the heading “My ALA Groups;” select “Online docs [add]” and use the text editor or upload a document. Make the document public so that all LITA members can view your report. Please direct any questions or problems related to Connect to email@example.com.
Information about inactive committees is kept for historic purposes. No updates are made to information on inactive committee pages.