The LITA Board of Directors establishes committees to help manage or address particular concerns of the division. Each committee is composed of at leasty three LITA members who serve two year terms. To encourage broad participation, interns may be appointed to committees for a one-year term. Terms commence and terminate at the adjournment of ALA Annual Conferences. A board member often serves as liaison to a committee to ensure communication between the board and committee.
- 50th Anniversary Task Force
- Appointments Committee
- Assessment and Research Committee
- Bylaws and Organization Committee
- Communications & Marketing Committee
- Committee Chairs Committee
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Education Committee
- Financial Advisory Committee
- Forum Assessment Task Force
- Forum Planning Committee 2016
- Frederick G. Kilgour Award Committee
- Hugh C. Atkinson Memorial Award Committee
- LITA / ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee
- LITA / Christian Larew Memorial Scholarship Committee
- LITA / Ex Libris Student Writing Award Committee
- LITA / Hi Tech Award Committee
- LITA Local Task Force
- LITA / OCLC and LITA / LSSI Minority Scholarships Committee
- Membership Development Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Personas Task Force
- Program Planning Committee
- Publications Committee
- Top Technology Trends Committee
- Web Coordinating Committee
Committee Chairs Coordinator
Committee Chairs Coordinator: Margaret Heller
LITA Bylaws, Article VII: Committees and Representatives, Section 8 stipulates that the Committee Chairs Coordinator will serve as a resource for the chairs of LITA committees and interest groups. The Coordinator facilitates communication between the leaders of these groups through administering meetings and running the comchair email list.
LITA Planning Calendar (with this year's deadlines and meetings)
- Committee and Interest Group Chair Roster
Joint Committee & Interest Group Chairs Community (ALA Connect)
- LITA Manual, Section 4, Organization of Committees and Responsibilities of Members
consult your committee page listed above
consult your committee ALA Connect space
- Adobe Connect available to LITA Committees to conduct virtual meetings.
- Please contact the LITA Office: Mark Beatty, mbeatty (at) ala.org; 312-280-4268 to schedule a meeting using Adobe Connect. You may also request time for a practice session.
- Please note that LITA staff needs to schedule, set-up, and host all meetings in Adobe Connect.
Current LITA Calendar
Information about inactive committees is kept for historic purposes. No updates are made to information on inactive committee pages.