Displaying active committee roster as of 04/22/2019. Last retrieved on 04/22/2019. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Education Committee typically consists of about 15 members, appointed from the membership. Committee members serve 2-year, staggered terms. The Education Committee Chair also serves as the LITA Representative to the ALA Education Committee.
About this Committee
- Annual call for proposals (CFP) – publicize and recruit potential presenters, evaluate proposals to ensure they align with LITA goals and online learning best practices, provide feedback to potential presenters
- Collaborates with other groups within LITA to create training series on specific topics (like the privacy series featuring the expertise of the Patron Privacy Interest Group)
- Updates and maintains documentation about procedures and processes
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 4-6 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 4 hours per month
- February, March, April, and May are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Knowledge and skills related to instructional design/best practices for online learning
- Knowledge of LITA and its members' needs
- Experience designing and delivering online learning
- Prior experience serving on other LITA committees (preferred, not required)