Displaying active committee roster as of 05/20/2019. Last retrieved on 05/20/2019. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Nominating Committee's group on LITA Connect is private for Committee members only.
The Nominating Committee consists of three members. No member of the Board of Directors shall be appointed to the Nominating Committee. Members may not serve successive terms.
Individuals who are not selected by the Nominating Committee may run for office by filing an online petition no later than the end of the ALA Midwinter Meeting preceding the spring election. Candidates must be a current member of LITA. Candidate petitions require the signature of 10 LITA members in order to be included on the ballot.
About this Committee
- Gathers list of LITA leaders with assistance from the LITA Executive Director
- Discuss (by emails and conference calls) potential nominees by reviewing the list and narrowing down to those who are active and eligible
- Compiles list of potential nominees, contacts them to run for the position, and records the result (accept or decline)
- Creates list of final nominees and submits it to the LITA President and LITA Executive Director
- Chair attends a meeting with the LITA Board at the ALA Midwinter Meeting (either in-person or virtually) to formally present the slate and answer questions from Board members
Expected Time Commitment
- Holds 1-3 virtual meetings and no face-to-face meetings each year
- Group members work an average of 3 hours per month
- September and October are the busiest months
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
Knowledge of and experience in LITA