LITA / ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee will play a leadership role in the creation and development of metadata standards for bibliographic information. The Committee will review and evaluate proposed standards; recommend approval of standards in conformity with ALA policy; establish a mechanism for the continuing review of standards (including the monitoring of further development); provide commentary on the content of various implementations of standards to concerned agencies; and maintain liaison with concerned units within ALA and relevant outside agencies.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/06/2013. Last retrieved on 12/06/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee Conference Call Agenda August 16, 2013
- Meeting Agenda - Metadata Standards Committee, Saturday June 29, 10:30am, Hilton Chicago, Lake Ontario room
- Conference Call Notes 510/13 - Metadata Standards Committee
- Metadata Standards Committee (ALCTS/LITA)
- Metadata Standards Committee (ALCTS, LITA)
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee consists of 9 voting members. Four members are appointed by ALCTS and four members are appointed by LITA. RUSA appoints one voting liaison. Two co-chairs are appointed by ALCTS and LITA, one from each division.
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee was established in 2012.