PLA opens registration for 2024 Virtual Conference
For Immediate Release
Eliana Tang Kleiman
Public Library Association
CHICAGO — Today, the Public Library Association (PLA) announced that registration is open for the PLA 2024 Virtual Conference. Offered as an alternative opportunity for public library workers unable to attend the in-person conference in Columbus, Ohio, the PLA 2024 Virtual Conference will coincide with the in-person event, April 3-5, 2024.
The PLA 2024 Virtual Conference will offer more than 20 top-quality education programs, thoughtfully by and for public libraries. Attendees may choose from two sessions in each of the eleven time slots. Examples, subject to change, include the following:
- Bring Diversity to Your Library with Sydney Taylor Book Awards
- Dynamic Dads: Turning Incarcerated Men into Storytellers and Library Lovers
- Leadership by Design: A Human-centered Approach for Library Leaders
- Make the Most of Banned Books Week and Intellectual Freedom Programming
- Por Mi Gente: Cultural Competencies in Collection Development, Programming, Outreach, and Partnerships for Spanish-Speaking Communities
- Programming with Purpose: Making Your Library Programs Count!
- Read Romance/Fight Patriarchy
- Social Stories in Libraries: Enhancing Accessibility and Fostering Inclusivity
- Super Searchers: Tackling Misinformation with Information Literacy
- Three Must Have Activities for New Employee Training
Additionally, Virtual Conference attendees will get access to exclusive live-streams from Columbus—including the Opening Session with Dr. Joy Buolamwini, the Big Ideas Series, and the Closing Session with Dulcé Sloan; special attractions such as author interviews and virtual networking opportunities; as well as access to on-demand program sessions for one year.
Individual and group registration options are available. Advanced registration rates are available through Feb. 23, 2024. In-person full-conference attendees can add the Virtual Conference to their registration for a reduced fee. Visit the Virtual Conference website to learn more and register.
Offered biennially, the PLA Conference is the premier event for public libraries, drawing thousands of librarians, library support staff, trustees, Friends, and library vendors from across the country and around the world. For complete details, visit the PLA Conference website.
About the Public Library Association
The Public Library Association (PLA) is the largest association dedicated to supporting the unique and evolving needs of public library professionals. Founded in 1944, PLA serves nearly 9,000 members in public libraries large and small in communities across the United States and Canada, with a growing presence around the world. PLA strives to help its members shape the essential institution of public libraries by serving as an indispensable ally for public library leaders. For more information about PLA, contact the PLA office at 1 (800) 545-2433, ext. 5PLA, or email@example.com.