American Libraries is the official publication of the American Library Association. It is published bimonthly, six times a year, with four quarterly digital supplements, by the American Library Association. ISSN 0002-9769. Printed in the USA. Subscription price is included in ALA dues. The magazine is sent to some 65,000 individuals and organizations worldwide. Press releases may be sent to:
225 N. Michigan, Ave., Suite 1300
Chicago, IL 60601
800-545-2433, ext. 4216
American Libraries Direct is a semiweekly electronic newsletter sent every Tuesday and Friday to personal members of the American Library Association. It supplements American Libraries magazine by providing summaries and links to news, announcements, and other information of interest to library and information science professionals.
Latest Library Links summarizes library-related news on the American Libraries website and is updated frequently throughout each week.
Both ALA members and non-members can submit news items for both AL Direct and Latest Library Links to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Several other units of the American Library Association publish news items in their member publications. These include:
- ALSConnect. Newsletter of the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC). Editor/Coordinator, Laura Schulte-Cooper, email@example.com.
- College & Research Libraries News (C&RL News). Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL). Editor, David Free, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knowledge Quest. An official journal of the American Association of School Librarians (AASL). Managing Editor, Allison Cline, email@example.com
- Public Libraries. Official journal of the Public Library Association (PLA). Editor, Kathleen Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smart Libraries Newsletter (formerly Library Systems Newsletter). Published monthly by ALA TechSource, an imprint of the American Library Association (ALA). Send product announcements to Dan Freeman at email@example.com.
For a complete listing of ALA periodicals, please see American Library Association Periodicals prepared by the ALA Library.