Unlock a Year of Adventures with PLA’s 2024 Early Literacy Calendar
For Immediate Release
Eliana Tang Kleiman
Public Library Association
CHICAGO — The Public Library Association (PLA) has released the 2024 Early Literacy Calendar, an innovative resource designed to ignite the joy of reading, writing, singing, talking, playing, and counting in young minds. This vibrant and interactive calendar is now available for download in both English and Spanish versions, catering to diverse communities.
The Early Literacy Calendar offers a wide range of family-oriented activities, including:
- Learning Activities: Twelve months of engaging and stimulating activities crafted to enhance early literacy skills.
- Curated Book Lists: Handpicked titles that inspire a lifelong love for reading.
- Nursery Rhymes and Song Lyrics: Enrich language development through the joy of music and verse.
- Early Literacy Tips: Expert guidance for parents and caregivers on nurturing early literacy skills.
- Suggested Reading Material: A curated collection of captivating stories to ignite the imagination.
- Customizable Calendar Pages: Libraries can add their logo and contact information, making each calendar unique.
- Interactive Features: Daily activities on one side to boost essential skills, and a treasure trove of nursery rhymes, song lyrics, and more on the flip side.
- Reproducible: Print out each month’s calendar to share with community members.
The 2024 PLA Early Literacy is available to download as a PDF in both English and Spanish language versions, at the cost of $29.99 each, at the ALA store. PLA Personal Members can receive a discount by using the promo code “ELC24” at checkout.
About the Public Library Association
The Public Library Association (PLA) is the largest association dedicated to supporting the unique and evolving needs of public library professionals. Founded in 1944, PLA serves nearly 9,000 members in public libraries large and small in communities across the United States and Canada, with a growing presence around the world. PLA strives to help its members shape the essential institution of public libraries by serving as an indispensable ally for public library leaders. For more information about PLA, contact the PLA office at 1 (800) 545-2433, ext. 5PLA, or email@example.com.