What is a Feature Slideshow?
A feature slideshow is a way to visually highlight an initiative, event, or news piece, etc. in order to help grab a viewer’s attention and direct them to your web page. These slideshows can be posted to the ALA homepage*, your micro site home pages, as well as any page on the website.
For slides that will display on the ALA home page, please submit the Home Page Submission Form.
Create a Feature Slide Show
The Feature Slideshow is composed of a container and the slides that are designed to display in the show, also known as Features Slideshow Slides. The steps to design the slide graphics that are:
- Design the slide images (parameters are listed below).
- Upload each slide image, individually to the site & Create a Feature Slideshow container
How long can my Feature Slide stay on the ALA Home / Other pages?
Please review the Publication and Retention Guidelines outlining the site, type of feature and whether a website refresh is required
Old Style Templates (Not for Use on Homepage)
Download the Photoshop or PNG templates to create a new feature slide for any portion of the site still using the text overlay slide style.
- Layered Photoshop PSD
- 32-bit PNG version with transparency data (for editors other than Photoshop) -- Classic, Image Left, Image Right
- Large-format layered Photoshop PSD (New, for specific web sites with large-format slides)
- American Libraries Magazine template 32-bit PNG