Site Setup Instructions for ITTS
- If login is broke, get Rob to fix it
- ALA Feature Slideshows and Tabs
- ALA Quicklinks Syndication
- ALA Nodepool
- ALA Navpod Structure
- ALA Navpod Features
- ALA Listing Pages
- Make some pages
- Make a menu called:
!Left Navigation: [name of site]
This is where to edit the left navigation. Links should be in alphabetical order, with the following exceptions: Chronological materials, such as online journals, should be in reverse date order so that the newest issue is at the top of the list. Functional lists of how-to or other procedural information should include numbers in the link titles and be ordered in numerical order.
- Make another menu with the word quicklinks in it, don't add anything to it
- Grant access to ALA admins for Context UI, Menu, Blocks, Views, etc.
- Edit the ala_menus context
- Add Quicklinks menu to "Menu Bar" area
- Add !Left Navigation and ALA Social Networking to first sidebar
- Seems like front_page context already exists and has slides & tabs in there. If it's not, create it: path = <front>, reaction: blocks
- Go to homepage, edit !Left Navigation block, add <none> to title.
- If you want a certain node to be the homepage, to go Configuration --> Site Information. -OR- give that node the URL alias of home.
- Create slides & tabs if wanted. Blocks will not show without some slide & tab nodes.
- Go to Appearance to edit the theme. Add banner, favicon, set homepage banner link, add branding text.
- Check in Configuration that the correct Google Analytics code has been installed.